Mission: Agape empowers and supports underserved families within its community to discover and embrace their full potential.
Agape achieves this mission by offering programs and services that are responsive to a variety of needs for school-age children, disabled individuals, adults, senior citizens, and families of Northwest Atlanta.
Results: Our fundraising efforts in 2012 resulted in a Grant award of $100,000 to purchase two new busses to transport the children in our programs.
This year we have focussed our fundraising efforts to expand our after school programmings.
Target demographics: low-income school age children and their families in the Bolton Road Community of Northwest Atlanta.
Geographic areas served: Agape serves children and their families in the 30318 area code of Northwest Atlanta.
Programs: *Academic based afterschool programs for Elementary
and Middle School Students.
* ESOL for Spanish Speaking Students with language barriers.
* The Ginger Kaney Mentoring Institute for High School Students.
* Ragtime, A DAy Program for Seniors and Disabled Adults
* Emergency Assistance for Families
* GOGIRLGO! and F.I.T. Camp for Boys, Athletic, Heath and Wellness based Summer Camp
* Camp Jumpstart - a summer early reading program for rising first and second graders.
* Agape-To-Go a family nutrition backpack program
* Extreme Bedroom Makeover
* The Great Backpack Giveaway
* The Great Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway
* The Agape Holiday Gift Store