My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Congo Initiative, Germantown, WI, USA
Congo Initiative has been a gift and an opportunity to learn and grow.
Our Congolese sisters and brothers are living examples of what it means to seek to be transformed in order to transform. They are examples of love and commitment:
- D. and K. left the safety of Kenya to return to their home country during the height of civil war to serve as salt and light and agents of transformation.
- J. survived atrocities of conflict, and now embraces as sisters and brothers, those from the group that had destroyed his village.
- A. is studying to be a counselor and work with those who have been traumatized by war and abuse.
- D. and A. give their time to run programs for local children (one a soccer program the other an after school Bible program), even though they can barely pay for their own tuition. They give of their time for others before they worry about their own needs.
- Many students have left their families, including young children, to study at UCBC. They know the quality of the education and the integrity of the work will develop their skills and cultivate their minds and hearts to be bearers of truth and light and leaders of change.
Will you volunteer or donate to this organization beyond what is required of board members?
How much of an impact do you think this organization has?
Will you tell others about this organization?
How did you learn about this organization?
From a friend.
What is this organization's top short-term priority?
Resource maximization (personnel and financial).
What is its top priority in the long run?
Transforming hearts and minds to lead for growth and health in DR Congo.
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?