My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for HYGIENIC ART INC, New London, CT, USA
Some of the things Hygienic Art Inc. does not want the public to know:
1. An active boardmember ( Terry "Davo" Davis ) had a blog on the hygienic website for 3 months, in which he describes Marc Chagall & Milton Glasier as "Jew artists". This was defended by other boardmembers as "freedom of speech"!
2. That there was a case of sexual harrassment filed against the president V.Scarano & treasurer J.Stidfole of Hygienic Art Inc. (CHRO Case# 0740337).
( This suit cost Hyg.Art.Inc. over $20,000 in atty fees & settlement ) See 2007 tax records.
3. Multiple Dept.of Labor Law violations. (6) involving the same parties. monies paid = $3700.
4. A artpiece that satirized the sexual harrassment , was documented and witnessed as entered into the infamous"uncensored" annual hygienic (29th.) show. mysteriously disappeared when the gallery was closed for "cleaning"!
5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baybrOVHMso Listen Carefully! Read the full vid description.
6. As both ex-vice-president and original incorporating officer, I can personally attest to the above, (also utilizing F.O.I.) and also being threatened with arrest TWICE by Mr. Scarano (hyg. pres.), once at a board meeting because I notified some of hygienic arts finiancial supporters of hygienics board anti-semeitc apathy .
When I went to their boardmeeting, I was threatened with arrest by their president, Vincent Scarano, because I sent a f*^king letter and I signed it! - yet another boardmember ( Joe Althouse) defended Davo's blog as "freedom of speech".
Now isn't this ironic, for not only was I was once an officer and leading force in Hygienics incorporation, but they decided that one of their fellow boardmembers anti-semitic rants was easier to defend then taking action and doing the right thing.
I have also been banned from their website for speaking out on Hygienic's hypocrisy, though Davo's anti-semitic blog was allowed to remain for 3 months.
It's also ironic because Hygienic Art grew to fame because of it's annual "uncensored" art show.
Please let it be noted that Hygienic Art was started by Allyson Holtz, a jewish artist!
Will you volunteer or donate to this organization beyond what is required of board members?
How much of an impact do you think this organization has?
Will you tell others about this organization?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?