My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Kid2kid Inc, Watertown, MA, USA
The numbers are stunning. Nearly one out of every three American children is obese or at a risk of becoming obese—25 million children in all, with children in minority families at an even greater risk. Obesity is the most common disease of childhood, and it’s largely preventable. All of us need to see the rising childhood obesity rates for what they are: a medical emergency.
Kid2Kid, Inc, (note: we’ve recently changed our corporate name to ChopChopKids) publishes ChopChop, The Fun Cooking Magazine for Families. Most copies are given away free to pediatric practices and family-support organizations in underserved communities. You may also subscribe at www.chopchopmag.com.
• Teach kids to cook and to be nutritionally curious and literate
• Empower kids to actively participate as health partners with their families & doctors
• Establish and support better eating habits for a lifetime of good nutrition
• Facilitate bonding between children and their parents/caregivers
• Stem the tide of unhealthy children who are growing into unhealthy adults