GreatNonprofits: Find non-profits and charities to review, donate, or volunteer.

Oops! You must enter a search term greater than 3 characters.

pauline1

pauline1 - charity reviews, charity ratings, best charities, best nonprofits, search nonprofits
230 Profile Views
1 Reviews


Click here to get your favorites badge.
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc., National Office
June 10, 2010

I have spent a lifetime on non-profit boards of many wonderful organizations at local, state, and national levels. I want to share my experiences with Komen for the Cure. This organization is focused, transparent, and relies heavily on volunteers. They make excellent use of their donations both for programs for people with breast cancer, early detection programs for all women, and they fund cutting edge research. It is a very well-run organization that continually assesses their goals. I am most pleased that Komen is now focusing world wide on breast cancer issues. If Komen can do for the rest of the world what it has done for us in the USA, breast cancer will be eradicated! You can rest assured that when you make a donation to Komen that overhead costs are under 25% ALWAYS and that 75% of all fiunds raises by their affiliates stay in the area where it was raised. The other 25% goes to research. I am proud to be associated with Komen for the Cure, first as a volunteer and then a few years later as a survivor. Pauline

The Great!

I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...

My own battle with breast cancer and have helped so many other women through their battles.

More feedback

When was your last experience with this nonprofit?

2010

MY ROLE:
Volunteer & Founded the Komen CT Race; worked at local and national levels.

Review from Guidestar