GreatNonprofits: Find non-profits and charities to review, donate, or volunteer.

Oops! You must enter a search term greater than 3 characters.

Melissa P

Melissa P - charity reviews, charity ratings, best charities, best nonprofits, search nonprofits
97 Profile Views
1 Reviews


Click here to get your favorites badge.
American National Red Cross
December 11, 2012

I'm tired of all these large non-profits who collect BILLIONS of dollars and the money does NOT go to where it is suppose to - I've heard all kinds of bad stories about this organization in the past, but once I saw how they handled hurricane sandy, I now agree wholeheartedly! The VOLUNTEERS are amazing (but they are not paid) - the Red Cross themselves said that 90% of people that were helping were volunteers, that leaves 10% getting paid - with the BILLIONS of dollars they collected, there should have been more money circulated in helping New Jersians (and others affected by Sandy) - alot of FOOD was DONATED so I'd like to know WHERE all this money has gone, WHY THEY ARE STILL ADVERTISING to donate money for NEW JERSEY, but yet they are not still active from the hurricane - It is time for non-profits to be held more accountable and for change. I want to create my own non-profit and focus on the TRUE MEANING of the organization rather than worrying about filling my own pocketbook first like these CEOS, etc.... SHAME!!! I will NEVER donate to the Red Cross again - or any other large charity (as this happens with all of them!!)

More feedback

Will you volunteer or donate to this organization?

No

How much of an impact do you think this organization has?

Some

When was your last experience with this nonprofit?

2012

MY ROLE:
General Member of the Public

Review from CharityNavigator