My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for The NRA Foundation, Inc., Fairfax, VA, USA
"The Taliban buy guns at US gun shows because of the NRA's loophole that requires no background checks." Jess3a3, are we lying or deluded? If you've been listening to Michael Moore or the lamestream media, it's the latter. If the former, you may be working for Moore or the lamestream media.
There does not exist a gun show loophole and individuals are required to get background checks.
Many gun shows require that sellers be FFL and the majority are storefront. They must track inventory or they lose their license The rare exceptions which accounts for a fraction of overall gun sales are limited to collectors selling off pieces here and there or inheritances. There exists no proof absolutely whatsoever between illegal use of a handgun purchased in this manner.
A 2000 study by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms revealed that 47 percent of crime guns are obtained through a straw purchase, and another 26 percent are stolen.
And Beatrice S.,
MYTH: Guns are the #1 killer of children.
FACT: Cars, pools, bicycles, and other unintentional injuries are the top killers of children.
The leading causes of injury-related death among children ages 14 and under are motor vehicle crashes, suffocation, drowning and fires and/or burns.
• • According to opponents of guns, there are 30,000 gun deaths in the country each year.
• • Almost all of the deaths are attributable to the 16 to 19 age group and almost all are gang-related.
• • In 1993, Congress passed the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. The Brady Act, as it is known, imposed as an interim measure a waiting period of 5 days before a licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer may sell, deliver, or transfer a handgun to an unlicensed individual.
• • In the four years after Great Britain banned handguns in 1996, gun crime rose by 40%,
• • Some of the proposed legislation is based on faulty information. The weapons used in the Columbine High School tragedy killings were NOT assault rifles.
• • Many murders committed by children were accomplished by their ease of access to their parent’s gun case containing multiple weapons.
• • Advocates argue that guns are not the problem – lack of responsible parental supervision is most often the problem.
Do Stringent Gun Control Laws Reduce Crime?
• • New Jersey adopted what sponsors described as “the most stringent gun law” in the nation in 1966; two years later, the murder rate was up 46 percent and the reported robbery rate nearly doubled.
• • In 1968, when Hawaii’s murder rate was a low 2.4 per 100,000, it imposed a series of increasingly harsh measures and by 1977 its murder rate tripled to 7.2.
• • In 1976, Washington, D.C., enacted one of the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation. Since then, the city’s murder rate has risen 134 percent while the national murder rate has dropped 2 percent.
Was your donation impactful?
How likely is it that you would recommend that a friend donate to this group?
How likely are you to donate to this group again?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?
Review for Boy Scouts of America National Council, Irving, TX, USA
We have the claim "Alas, the Boy Scouts violate American values and model bigotry, hate and hypocrisy. They do not honor their own Scout Oath: "To do my duty to .... my country" and "To help other people at all times". They do not honor American ideals of freedom and equality regardless of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, or sexual orientation.” Blah, blah, blah. This is an outright lie by a selfish self-absorbed person who thinks his personal tastes should dictate Boy Scout policy. First he starts off by misrepresenting the Boy Scout oath, “To do my duty to God and my country.” Remember God, the one with absolute - instead of (corrupted society adapted) relative moral standards? Tim didn’t. But then, misrepresentation is the key of liberalism.
Forgetting that the libelous review above is actually completely focused on the Scouts taking a moral position against gay sex, supposedly another group discrimination category is “sex”. What part of “Boy” in “Boy Scouts” is Tim unable to understand? “Race, color, national origin, ancestry” - exactly how redundant do you one need to get with false accusations, Tim? “Marital Status”??? How many children do you know that are married, Tim? “Age”? You can become a scout master when you get too old for the scouts. Apparently Tim doesn’t feel there’s been enough molestation cases without open homosexuality being allowed that he feels more should be allowed to occur through a policy change.
For the homosexual movement to try to hijack the civil rights movement is reprehensible. Being a "color" was never a moral issue. Homosexuality and promiscuity and murder and *** are all "moral issues". The homosexual "agenda" to minimize the natural order of human relationships are deceptive at worst and diabolical at best.
Even homosexual researcher Simon LeVay, (who studied the hypothalamic differences between the brains of homosexual and heterosexual men) noted: "It's important to stress what I didn't find. I did not prove that homosexuality is genetic, or find a genetic cause for being gay. I didn't show that gay men are born that way, the most common mistake people make in interpreting my work. Nor did I locate a gay center in the brain."
Equally telling is the fact that Dr. Robert Spitzer led the politically motivated fight in 1973 to remove homosexuality from the American Psychiatric Association's diagnostic manual of mental disorders, because he was under the impression that sexual orientation could not be changed. In May, 2001, Spitzer, a professor of psychiatry at Colombia University, presented his study of 200 former homosexuals at the annual meeting of the APA. He is now convinced that he was wrong: some people can and do change their homosexual orientation.
His feelings are supported by Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, a clinical psychologist in practice for 15 years, who states homosexuality is "a treatable developmental disorder."
Celebrated disorders do not deserve pandering.
Will you volunteer or donate to this organization?
How much of an impact do you think this organization has?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?