Mission: NETWORK—a Catholic leader in the global movement for justice and peace—educates, organizes and lobbies for economic and social transformation.
Results: NETWORK has played a big role in:
• Healthcare reform
• Extensions on unemployment benefits
• Protection of safety net programs in the various budget deals
• An economic stimulus through reduction of payroll taxes
• Increase in the debt ceiling
• The end of military action in Iraq and cutting the defense department budget
• Administration expansion of the use of prosecutorial discretion to prevent deportation of people who have been contributing members of their community
• And preventing E-verify from coming to the House floor for a vote.
Programs: The organization is dedicated to lobbying and organizing for socially just legislation, educating about legislative issues, and developing a value-based vision of justice and peace. The organization has advocated for socially just legislation on a range of issues, with a primary focus on u. S. Policies that affect those who are poor.
As a member of St. Vincent de Paul's "Voice of the Poor" committee, I became acquainted with Network around 10 years ago. I appreciate the ease of communicating with elected officials through this website, the ability to personalize the formatted letters you provide, the thoughtful research of the various topics. I do not personally have time to follow proposed legislation and your work keeps me informed of the important social issues. Thank you for your work. I am now a full time caregiver for my granddaughter and have even less time to be involved with our legislators. YOur work is even more valuable for me now.