Rating: 5 stars 24 reviews
Issues: Human Services
Location: 2101 Greentree Road Suite A-201 Pittsburgh PA 15220 USA
A Place to Call Home for Intellectually and Developmentally Challenged Adults Southwinds''mission is to provide residences for developmentally challenged persons in the community, while enhancing their quality of life and offering opportunities for specialized programs, social involvement, and independence.
Our focus continues to be breaking down the isolation and segregation experienced by developmentally challenged persons by providing them with extensive services that promote their independence, dignity and equality.
Results: With 25 years of successful opertation, we currently serve 51 clients, aged 18 to 80, in 14 different residences
Target demographics: adults with developmental challenges throughout Allegheny County
Direct beneficiaries per year: With 51 clients, we are currently at capacity
Geographic areas served: Greater Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
Southwinds has 14 homes and serves 50 individuals The following services assist each person in improving their skills for independent living. Southwinds' 24-hour residential program:
- helps each person set and pursue goals for personal growth;
- supervises training plans in daily living skills;
- provides transportation to employment, workshops, therapeutic activity centers, recreation activities, and personal appointments;
- develops programs for older adults;
- offers specialized psychiatric and medical services;
- coordinates medical care with physicians and health care providers;
- oversees public education, community, and volunteer relations aimed at the integration of its individuals into the community.
Achievement of these goals is evaluated internally as well as by the Allegheny County Department of Human Services.The agency is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit