I started volunteering SAFE more than 8 years and have been impressed every step of the way. The integrity of the organization and the dedication of the people make an amazing difference in the lives of horses.
I discovered this rescue in 2008 after spending time with other equine related organizations. The huge difference for me was the honesty and professionalism among the group and it's supporters. I never expected to find quantifiable results but have now grown to expect it. It's level of care and follow through sold me early on and is the reason I chose to become part of the team.
what's different about SAFE?
1) We have completely transparent financials - if you want to see them, you don't even have to ask! They're on our website.
2) We don't get in over our heads. That's why you'll never see us begging for money or screaming for help. We are frugal with our money and make sure that we always have funds available to give our horses whatever they need.
3) We set our horses up for success! Good horses get good homes. So in addition to vet care and rehabiliation, we also provide our horses with the training they need to get and keep a good home.
4) We don't spend obscene amount of money on fundraising or salaries. We are truly a grassroots organization that succeeds by hard work and the passion of our volunteers. We have talented individuals on our team coming up with great ideas to promote our mission and help as many horses and horseowners as possible.
5) We always strive to do the right thing, even when it's not the easy thing. We admit our mistakes and work hard to never repeat them.
I can say with utter conviction that SAFE deserves your support.
Review from Guidestar
I am the President of SAFE and I am truly honored and humbled to read the amazing reviews that have been written so far. I've been one of many people that have poured their heart and soul into SAFE for the past 6 years. I would love to see SAFE win this $5000 grant because I know first-hand how far that money can go and how many horses it could help. I hope that everyone will post a review to help us reach our goal. Not only that, but in accordance to our mission statement which speaks to our core values of integrity and honesty, we welcome any and all constructive feedback that will help us to continue to grow and help more local horses and horse owners in need.