San Diego Children's Choir
Rating: 4.89 stars 19 19 reviews
Arts & Culture
6635 Flanders Dr Ste H San Diego CA 92121 USA
San Diego Children''s Choir provides the youth of San Diego with the highest quality choral music education and performance experience, fostering an awareness of culture diversity and inspiring a lifelong love of music. In addition, SDCC strives to enable its members to:• Express themselves through a high standard of choral performance and artistic communication
• Develop individual vocal, musical, aural and analytical skills, and benefit from age-appropriate training of the maturing voice as part of a comprehensive choral music education
• Develop an appreciation for classical and traditional music from the world’s cultures
• Develop understanding and respect for others from different racial, religious, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds
• Develop responsibility, self-confidence, and a love for
• Understand the importance of their individual contribution to the success of the group
• Participate in an organization that is an exemplary model for a community-based arts organization
Allensembles perform in two capstone concerts per year at such professional venuesas Copley Symphony Hall and Spreckels Theatre. SDCC frequently prepares choristersas vocal soloists other professional music groups. In recent years our summer touring destinations haveincluded Australia, England/Wales, Germany, Canada/Pacific Northwest, France,and Italy. This performance recordis evidence of the quality of the Choir’s music education and its artisticexcellence.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
Reviews for San Diego Children's Choir
The San Diego Children's Choir is able to pick up where our schools leave off, whether it is at the elementary, middle school or high school level. In fact, some school programs are now non-existent due to California's budget crisis. Studies have shown that children who perform in choirs do better in school and later in life. The San Diego Children's Choir gives children from throughout San Diego and neighboring communities the opportunity to perform in settings that inspire them.
I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...
Listening to the parents of the choiristers, volunteers, staff and other board members on how well the children are doing both when they are in the choir and after they have left in college and their careers.
How frequently have you been involved with the organization?
About every week
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?