San Diego Children's Choir
Rating: 4.89 stars 19 reviews
Issues: Arts & Culture
Location: 6635 Flanders Dr Ste H San Diego CA 92121 USA
• Develop individual vocal, musical, aural and analytical skills, and benefit from age-appropriate training of the maturing voice as part of a comprehensive choral music education
• Develop an appreciation for classical and traditional music from the world’s cultures
• Develop understanding and respect for others from different racial, religious, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds
• Develop responsibility, self-confidence, and a love for
• Understand the importance of their individual contribution to the success of the group
• Participate in an organization that is an exemplary model for a community-based arts organization
Programs: Allensembles perform in two capstone concerts per year at such professional venuesas Copley Symphony Hall and Spreckels Theatre. SDCC frequently prepares choristersas vocal soloists other professional music groups. In recent years our summer touring destinations haveincluded Australia, England/Wales, Germany, Canada/Pacific Northwest, France,and Italy. This performance recordis evidence of the quality of the Choir’s music education and its artisticexcellence.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
I had the privilege of being a parent volunteer, Board Member and now an Advisor after my daughter spent 10 years in the SDCC. It was the most rewarding experience to watch the children grow in their confidence and maturity as they developed their voices and ability to perform for the community. I encourage families to get involved so that others may benefit from the education and friendships that will last a lifetime.
Will you volunteer or donate to this organization beyond what is required of advisors?
How much of an impact do you think this organization has?
Will you tell others about this organization?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?