PAPANICOLAOU CORPS FOR CANCER RESEARCH INC
1192 E Newport Center Ste 120
The Corps has been raising money for Cancer Research since 1952. Millions of women owe their lives to Dr. George Papanicolaou who developed the "PAP Test" which has provided the chief single reason for the reduction of deaths in women from cervical cancer. In 1961 Dr. Papanicolaou was invited to become the Dir. of the Dade County Cancer Institute. It was renamed the Papanicolaou Cancer Research Institute of Miami, Inc. In 1984 the institute merged with the University of Miami's Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of 28 federally designated comprehensive cancer centers in the U.S. In 1992 we affiliated with the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. In honor of Dr. Papanicolaou and his work, The Corps is dedicated to supporting the cancer research in the hope of finding a cure for cancer.