Lafayette Animal Aid
Rating: 3.67 stars 3 reviews
Location: P O Box 298 Carencro LA 70520 USA
- To provide care, shelter and medical attention for our community’s stray, abandoned and unwanted cats and dogs.
- To place homeless cats and dogs in good, loving homes through adoption.
- To encourage and educate the public to spay and neuter their pets.
- To oppose and report cruelty to animals.
- To provide ‘kindness to animals’ and responsible pet ownership education in local schools.
Programs: LAA offers a low cost spay/neuter program for low income families, housing and care for homeless animals and adoptions to loving homes. Our volunteers work at the shelter to feed, clean and care for the animals, help with Pet Adoption Days, answer various help lines, organize and help with fund-raising events, organize day- to-day activities.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
I am currently the Board President of Lafayette Animal Aid and could not be more proud of the direction that we are growing in. We have the ability, the potential and the obligation to make a chance in regards to animal welfare in our community and we will certainly do so. Our save numbers have jumped from 385 in 2013, to 605 in 2014, and we are currently at 700 lives saved this year. We are very open to our community and also like to give back to our community by partnering with other organizations that are focused on inspiring a healthy community for Acadiana through compassion for animals. We are tackling the overpopulation problem through a multi-faceted approach that is going to actually get to the root of the problem. We have been around for 40 years and will be here "Until they all have a home"