Lafayette Animal Aid
Rating: 3.67 stars 3 reviews
Location: P O Box 298 Carencro LA 70520 USA
- To provide care, shelter and medical attention for our community’s stray, abandoned and unwanted cats and dogs.
- To place homeless cats and dogs in good, loving homes through adoption.
- To encourage and educate the public to spay and neuter their pets.
- To oppose and report cruelty to animals.
- To provide ‘kindness to animals’ and responsible pet ownership education in local schools.
Programs: LAA offers a low cost spay/neuter program for low income families, housing and care for homeless animals and adoptions to loving homes. Our volunteers work at the shelter to feed, clean and care for the animals, help with Pet Adoption Days, answer various help lines, organize and help with fund-raising events, organize day- to-day activities.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
2 people found this review helpful
Don't bother. They refuse to adopt ANY dog to ANYONE living below the Mason Dixon line. They don't serve the poeple or the pets of the area (Lafayette). The staff says they are no kill, but if its a dog that they think will be there for a while, they refuse it. "give it the pink needle" even when its a dog they adopted out! They would rather have flat screen tv's for the paid staff to sit around then actually put the money to the animals. There are many worthy organizations in the area...go with one of them.
Would you volunteer for this group again?
For the time you spent, how much of an impact did you feel your work or activity had?
Did the organization use your time wisely?
Would you recommend this group to a friend?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?