In addition to donating to this organization, and raising donations for this organization, I went with them to Uganda, which allowed me to participate in and see firsthand all the incredible things they are doing. Here are my personal top favorite things about Kibo Group.
• Kibo Group puts power under people in Uganda by empowering them to change their own world.
• Kibo Group develops strong relationships and partners with Ugandans.
• Kibo Group approaches issues holistically (from all directions) – educating Ugandans on hygiene and sanitation, building community cooperation, encouraging equal rights.
A quick look at some of their projects
• Mvule Project – Tree planting – The land is so stripped of trees that they do not get rain they need, they do not have enough wood to burn for cooking and heat and mud slides have buried people alive.
• Women’s Empowerment – Just one example in this project is the fuel efficient stove. Cooking over an open flame burns too much wood, causing overwhelming smoke and children often get burned. Kibo Group is now spreading from village to village how to build the new stove out of mud that burns little wood, is smokeless and children do not get burned.
• Water Source – Clean drinking water - the biggest health issue. Kibo is working with villages to dig wells and rehabilitate existing wells.