Keystone Paralyzed Veterans of America
Rating: 0 stars 0 review
Location: 1113 Main Street Pittsburgh PA 15215 USA
- To improve the quality of life of paralyzed veterans by
- Encouraging and supporting spinal cord injury and disease research;
- Improving access to health care and other veterans’ benefits;
- Assisting in the expansion of opportunities in wheelchair sports and recreation
- Advocating for the rights of disabled people, including the reduction and elimination of barriers to accessibility and mobility.
Results: Keystone PVA, by itself or in partnership with other organizations, has provided social and sporting recreational opportunities to its members since 1960. Keystone PVA advocates for its members' health care, in the VA medical system and from other sources. Keystone PVA advocates for its members (and others) to be able to be mobile and have accessibility to personal and public facilities. Keystone PVA increases its financial support for research involving assistive technology performed in Pennsylvania every year.
Target demographics: Military veterans living in or near Pennsylvania who have suffered spinal cord injury or disease.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 315
Geographic areas served: Pennsylvania
Programs: Advocacy for improved services, usually from the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs and the Pennsylvania Bureau for Veterans' Affairs. Visitation to hospitalized veterans. Recreation opportunities for SCI/D affected veterans, especially hunting, fishing, bowling, and the annual National Veterans' Wheelchair Games. Support research for assistive technology, both financially and bt providing volunteer research subjects.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit