Hope House Of Colorado
Rating: 4.9 stars 21 reviews
Issues: Human Services
Location: PO Box 740568 Arvada CO 80006 USA
Hope House of Colorado empowers parenting teenage moms to strive for personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for them, and for their children.
Participants in the Residential Program are immersed in a highly structured, 5-phase program to develop the skills which will enable them to move toward personal and economic self-sufficiency. With a capacity for 4 mothers and their children at any given time, the program serves an average of 8-10 teen mothers, ages 16-20, per year. These young women are engaged and challenged through a personalized development plan, learning to incorporate healthy routines into daily life, while living with their children and their peers in a safe, supportive group home environment. Some of the key components of the Residential Program include the following:
· Reside in a stable home that ensures safety and health of children, with the support of trained resident staff members (who provide 24/7 coverage to the program), case management and program specialists.
· Development of an individualized education/job training plan in cooperation with Case Manager.
· Attendance of weekly parenting classes, taught by a trained facilitator using the Nurturing Parenting curriculum.
· Attendance at weekly practical life skill classes such as budgeting and meal planning.
· Attendance at bi-monthly classes in the FDIC’s Money Smart curriculum to increase knowledge of personal finances and responsibilities
· Regular church attendance and participation in weekly Bible study and daily devotions.
· Attendance in weekly Healthy Relationship classes.
· Participation in weekly PEACE curriculum (aggression replacement training) designed for at-risk youth, which covers the five major components of empathy, boundaries, social skills, character development and anger management.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!