6200 Parallel Parkway c/o Ernest L. Overstreet, Director
Our mission is to provide emergency food and personal care items to the economically distressed residents of our community who lack these essential items to feed and care for their families.
Guided by our Core Values, HELP317 reduces hunger, promotes human dignity and makes a positive difference in the lives of the families we serve.
HELP317 - Our Core Values are an integral part of our name.
“HELP” is an acronym for “His Extended Love to People”. We seek God’s guidance as we extend His Love to those we serve!
“317" refers to 1 John 3:17, “How does God's love abide in anyone who has the world's goods and sees a brother or sister in need and yet refuses help?” (NRSV).
Our Core Values:
1. We believe God has given us this ministry.
2. We believe our ministry is an extension of God’s Love to His people.
3. We believe God supplies all of our resources.
4. We believe God expects us to use our resources to help His people.
5. We believe everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
Geographic areas served:
Currently the pantry serves residents living within a 66 square mile area of north central Wyandotte County, Kansas; an area bounded by the Wyandotte County line and the Missouri River on the North, Kansas Avenue on the South, 119th Street on the West and 38th Street on the East. Cities covered include the mid-town portion of Kansas City, Kansas and portions of Bonner Springs and Edwardsville, Kansas.