Creative Aging provides seniors unique, creative experiences that helps them maintain vitality and overall well-being. The organization and its Director, Meryl Klein, demonstrate exceptional dedication in serving older adults,and it shows in the number, quality and variety of programs that are delivered.
•True caring and passion to serve the senior population.
All CAM programs are accessible to seniors regardless of physical or cognitive frailty because we bring the performances to them where they live!
• CAM presents professional artists to present 400+ hour-long performances annually.
• Performances take place in about 40 different older adult facilities/centers including nursing homes, retirement communities, assisted living and daycare facilities.
• CAM helps support the artists’ community by paying performance fees --- more than $70,000 in 2010!
• CAM performances provide opportunities for audience members to
o stay connected to the community
o interact with the artists
o reminisce about the music’s meaning in their lives
o dance, sing, clap, or simply move to the music
• CAM workshops enable participants to create and feel valued for their talents.
• Arts change lives! Older adults who participate in arts-related events are healthier and happier. They visit doctors less frequently, take fewer medications and are less likely to say they’re depressed.
Creative Aging does an excellent job promoting the health of older adults through its arts programming for seniors. The musical performances entertain the senior audiences but more importantly, they evoke responses that are essential the the seniors' emotional, cognitive and physical well-being. Over the last 10 years I have consistently been impressed by their services and impact.
When well known musicians perform for older adults who feel isolated in residential facilities, everyone benefits. The older adults feel like they are still a part of the larger community, that their need to experience the arts is as important as anyone else's. And, the artists benefit both from the extra income and their interactions with their audiences. Creative Aging is good for Memphis seniors and artists!
My name is Bobby Frison, Activity Director @ Apple Grove assisted living here in Memphis, TN. We have been using Creative Aging services for10 months. My Alzheimer's patients absolutely adore the performers that creative aging hand picks. Every Friday here at Apple Grove my residents get the surprise of a life time with some of Memphis best talent. Creative Aging has performers from all walks of life and if we weren't able to use their services I don't know what I would be entertaining with... I guess it would have to be puppet shows every Friday...lol. I'm so glad that I get to express just how much we here at Apple Grove love Creative Aging and what they bring here to Memphis assisted living & nursing home facilities....
Thank you Soooooo Much.... Hugs&Kisses