Falls Church-Mclean Children's Center
Rating: 5 stars 1 1 review 431
Children & Youth, Education
7230 Idylwood Rd Falls Church VA 22043 USA
To help all children, regardless of their family's resources, to develop the skills they need for a solid foundation on which to build the rest of their lives.
More than 85% of the children achieve age-level skills by the time they leave for kindergarten; the remaining 15% have a developmental delay identified and a plan in place to continue to receive support services in kindergarten. All children are fluent in English.
Young children, ages 2-5 years, from low-income, working families who are qualified by the Fairfax County Child Care and Referral Program, as well as children of the same age from full-fee paying families in the Falls Church-McLean area of northern Virginia
Direct beneficiaries per year:
Approximately 90 young children, at least 47 of whom are from low-income families.
Geographic areas served:
Northern Fairfax County, primarily Falls Church City and McLean and the Pimmit Hill neighborhood
A full-time, year-round early childhood education program for young children, primarily from low-income, working families. Children receive 2 nutritious meals and 2 wholesome snacks each day, and plenty of time outside for exercise. Our "whole child" curriculum nurtures the language, communication, academic, social, and physical skills children need to be ready to learn in kindergarten. Through our Successful Start program, we provide speech and language therapy, occupational therapy and behavioral counseling in English or Spanish to help children overcome delays. Our children also venture beyond the classroom on field trips every week that take them to libraries, museums, zoos and apple orchards where the classroom lessons come to life through the child's senses for a real learning experience.
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!
Reviews for Falls Church-Mclean Children's Center
I am a father of two boys who have been served by the Falls Church - McLean Children's Center. I have been very impressed with several characteristics that set the Center apart. First, they have a very diverse group of kids from many different races and socio-economic backgrounds. That is something that is very important to me, especially in the DC area. I have been very impressed with the amount of field trips that the students take. They take several a month. This is such an excellent differentiator that is so critical to me. I really appreciate the fact that instead of sitting in a classroom all the time, the kids go out, get their hands dirty and explore the amazing things the area has to offer. Of course, the faculty and staff are amazing, caring and many of them have a very long tenure which speaks to me of the good work that they do and what a nice environment it is for everyone.
How would you describe the help you got from this organization?
How likely are you to recommend this organization to a friend?
How do you feel you were treated by this organization?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?