Youth Tennis Advantage
Target demographics: low income children in the San Francisco/Oakland Bay area between the ages of 7-18.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 350
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: volunteers can come out to a site and help a child with homework or be a hitting partner on the court.
Geographic areas served: San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley and Marin County
YTA’s mission is to serve youth in inner city communities through a comprehensive program of tennis and academic tutoring that promotes the physical, educational, and life skills necessary to prepare and empower them for leadership in their communities and success in their personal lives.
• Over 300 unique children ages 7-18 have taken part in at least 36 hours of free after school programs at YTA’s four year round sites in the past 12 months.
• Over 24 College Pathway workshops and a college field trip to UC Berkeley have attracted over 200 different children and parents from the local community and a Career Workshop scheduled later this month is creating lots of excitement from our families.
• The YTA Ball Kid Team was booked for some very exciting and memorable events including the Bank of the West Classic where top level players participated and the Esurance Tennis Classic where tennis great Billie Jean King was honored at same dinner that recognized YTA as a charity.
• $50,000 raised to resurface tennis courts at JMP
• Jason Bacha, MD, MS PGY-2, Pediatric Resident from Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford and Dr. Anisha Patel of UCSF Pediatrics have partnered with YTA on a health project titled “Smart Drinks for Parks”. This project has already benefited our youth and families by drawing attention to the fact that JMP had no working drinking fountains near the tennis courts and recently two new water fountains were installed near the top bank of courts.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge