VIRGINIA ASSOCIATION OF MUSEUMS Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: Museums, museum staff and volunteers, businesses providing museum products and services.
Direct beneficiaries per year: VAM is a membership organization for museums and museum staff, but it does not require membership for services or to participate in programs. VAM’s database of contacts contains both members and non-members who have participated in some way in a VAM program or training. Currently, we have a total of 5,874 participants listed: 3,357 who were members at the time they participated, and 2,517 who were non-members. These numbers represent 590 museums.
The participation numbers for VAM’s programs in FY 2010 are as follows:
• Workshops – 336
• Annual Conference – 425
• Homestead project (1 this year) – 12 (size is limited to 10 students and 2 faculty)
• Fundamentals Forum – 83
• Collections Boot Camp – 43
• Conservation Cubed workshops – 123
• Circuit Rider – 6 museums, 3 archives, 3 libraries
• Emergency Response – 5 new MESTs established: Eastern Shore, Virginia Beach, Abingdon, Independence/Galax, Danville
• 2008 TimeTravelers program (last full year) – 544,000museum visits
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: help with registration for our conference, write an article for our newsmagazine, research grant opportunities, help compile statistics on museums in VA, and generally pitch in!
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge