UrbanWorkshop NYC provides students with an opportunity to engage inrigorous academic learning in an applied setting. Through carefullyconnected studies in math, literature, and writing, students in theprogram learn to plan, design and carry out construction projects invarious New York City communities. In this integrated learningprocess, they
• make tangible, real-world connections with their academic learning
• develop practical skills and a sense of craft
• connect with community members in various New York City neighborhoods and serve their needs
• understand issues of environmental, economic and social justice facing New York City communities
• build teamwork and leadership skills
• gain a clear sense of accomplishment
Theprogram helps students develop the skills, understanding and confidencethey need to earn a high school diploma and succeed in the future.