TWO BRIDGES NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL INC Overview
Target demographics: Low-income residents of the Lower East side.
Geographic areas served: Residents of the Two Bridges Neighborhood--the area bordered by the Manhattan & Brooklyn Bridges, and East River.
• Sponsored and built more than 1,500 units of low- to moderate-income housing as community sponsor of the Land End Urban Renewal Area
• Built the 109-unit affordable Two Bridges Senior Residence, 80 Rutgers Slip, to address the growing number of seniors in need of housing, and linked them to services needed to survive.
• Built the 199-unit Two Bridges Tower, 82 Rutgers Slip, in partnership with Settlement Housing Fund.
• Effectively improved the lives of over 10,000 at risk youths and their families through community-based programming.
• Engages in relevant and constructive dialogue with local political leaders and other partner organizations, providing authoritative commentary on critical issues facing the community
• Advocates for improving the quality of life for all members of our diverse community
• Creates opportunities to physically enhance the sense of place of our neighborhoods through community preservation projects, such as historic district designations and place-making community planning and design projects.
• Won several awards for outstanding community services.
TBNC is founding member of many community planning and advisory organizations, including the Chinatown Working Group, the Waterfront Coalition, and Local Spokes; and works closely with the Chinatown Partnership LDC, GOLES, tenant associations, local business associations, the community boards, and other community based organizations.