The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: children, under age 18 in the communities of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Direct beneficiaries per year: youth (mentees) and their mentors
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: be an e-mentor BE A 6th GRADE MENTOR
Geographic areas served: Southwestern PA
We deliver five core services:
- Program Development for new mentoring programs
- Technical Assistance for existing programs,
- Mentor Recruitment - raising awareness of the need for mentors and the many different opportunities to be a mentor locally
- Mentor Training - helping new mentors understand their role; with emphasis on communication skills, working with youth, goal setting and where to turn for help.
- Education and Networking for staff and volunteers of local programs; providing opportunities to share and learn together.