Mission: The Sweet Pea Foundation, a not-for-profit foundation established in the memory of Grace Elizabeth Letherman, supports organizations and charities that help sick children and their families.
Results: • Over 10,000 toys and 1,000 books have been purchased and delivered to hospitals caring for NICU and pediatric patients.
• The Sweet Pea Foundation makes an annual contribution to the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana that allows a family to stay in a room each night throughout the year free of charge. To date, the Foundation has donated over $21,000.
• The Foundation has given over 465 "Hugs from Grace" (holiday and birthday-themed party bags) to children in the hospitals.
• An endowment has been established to provide parents with massage therapy treatments when a child is receiving care at Memorial Children's Hospital in South Bend, Indiana.
• Several murals have been commissioned and painted at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka, Indiana and A Rosie Place in South Bend, Indiana.
• Over 950 lbs of pop can tabs have been collected and recycled for Ronald McDonald House Charities.
• The Foundation has mailed more than 55 "Grace-E-Gram" care packages to children being treated at hospitals across the country.
• The Sweet Pea Foundation was established in May of 2003 in memory of Grace Elizabeth Letherman (a.k.a. Sweet Pea).
The Sweet Pea Foundation is a wonderful organization that is dedicated to helping sick children. The Founders know first-hand what parents go through while they are caring for a sick child. The Sweet Pea Foundation's purpose is to provide a distraction to pediatric and NICU patients while they are waiting for doctors, tests, results and time to heal. They have donated toys, books, DVDs and crafts to multiple hospitals in Indiana and the Midwest.