Saving Grace: Imagine Life without Violence Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook County in Central Oregon
Direct beneficiaries per year: 5,012 people received direct crisis response services in 2013
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Assemble overnight bags for sexual assault victims in hospitals, Prepare welcome baskets with teddybears, quilts, toothpaste & toothbrushes for incoming children to emergency shelter.
Geographic areas served: Central Oregon
Programs: Saving Grace services include: 24-hour emergency hotline, emergency shelter, hospital response, emergency transportation, children's services, crisis counseling & therapy, support groups, court advocacy, systems advocacy, parent/child supervised visitation and safe exchanges, community education and public awareness.
100% of victims surveyed agreed* they can now keep themselves safer
99% of victims surveyed agreed* they now make better choices
98% of victims surveyed agreed* they have better access to resources
* 61% of surveys distributed were returned
14,176 crisis services were provided for 5,012 people, including:
- 281 women and children were protected, fed, clothed and lodged for 3,138 days
- 2,850 hotline calls were answered
- 92 families received 1,891 supervised visits and exchanges.
- 4,563 people learned how to prevent violence
- 75 volunteers provided 13,983 hours of services