San Diego Children's Choir Overview
Programs: Allensembles perform in two capstone concerts per year at such professional venuesas Copley Symphony Hall and Spreckels Theatre. SDCC frequently prepares choristersas vocal soloists other professional music groups. In recent years our summer touring destinations haveincluded Australia, England/Wales, Germany, Canada/Pacific Northwest, France,and Italy. This performance recordis evidence of the quality of the Choir’s music education and its artisticexcellence.
• Develop individual vocal, musical, aural and analytical skills, and benefit from age-appropriate training of the maturing voice as part of a comprehensive choral music education
• Develop an appreciation for classical and traditional music from the world’s cultures
• Develop understanding and respect for others from different racial, religious, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds
• Develop responsibility, self-confidence, and a love for
• Understand the importance of their individual contribution to the success of the group
• Participate in an organization that is an exemplary model for a community-based arts organization