PRINGLE NATURE CENTER Overview
Direct beneficiaries per year: 2,200 students with environmental education school programs, 400 people of all ages who participated in nature center programs, and worked to clear invasive plant species off the land.
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: • Help us take care of invasive species.• Teach children about the wonders of world around them to help instill the "sense of wonder" in them.• Inform visitors of what the nature center has to offer and what they can do in the park.• Help with major events, such as our Fall Fun Fest and Earth Day events
Geographic areas served: Lower Racine County, Kenosha County, and Northern Lake County Illinois
Programs: • Our public programs vary by the season.
• Invasive species workdays - forth Saturday of the month April through October/November.
• Children's Birthday Parties.
• Scouting and 4-H programs.
• Nature Story Time Hike - first Saturday of the month.
• Educational Programs for grades K-5; KUSD and Wisconsin State Standards linked as well as FOSS linked
• Mighty Acorns Educational Program for grades 4-6 which teaches students the value of stewardship