PARALYZED VETERANS OF AMERICA - Mountain States Chapter Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: Veterans with spinal cord injury, disease or dysfunction located in the mountain states region (Colorado, Wyoming, Utah and Montana)
Direct beneficiaries per year: We currently have over 650 members.
Geographic areas served: Colorado, Montana, Utah and Wyoming
MSCPVA serves to coordinate and communicate with the Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Health Center and other veteran's health services which directly affect our membership.
MSCPVA currently has full-time National Service Officers who help our members:
• Navigate the Veterans Affairs office.
• Represent and advocate for each individual veteran in preparing and presenting claims and appeals for benefits.
• Monitor the healthcare provided and continually advocate for our members, ensuring the best medical care available is provided.
• Work with the VA care providers and administrative staff to provide support, training and assistance to resolve any and all issues.
• Direct veterans to immediate financial assistance in the instance of housing or living allowances.
Sports & Recreation
This program provides tangible health benefits, support, opportunity and camaraderie for all involved.
• Weekly Bowling Leagues in Aurora, CO and Colorado Springs, CO
• Host of the Annual MSCPVA Invitational Bowling Tournament
• Host of the Annual Rocky Mountain 9 Ball Tournament
• Collaborate with Wheeling Sportsmen, Outdoor Buddies and Cherry Creek Anglers to secure annual fishing and hunting events for members
• Winter Sports Clinic
• Fishing and Boating
• Monthly Poker League for members and their families
•“Lunch and a Movie” a monthly event - a way for members to get together to enjoy discussing specific educational topics and entertainment, another opportunity to build camaraderie among the Chapter’s members.
• Annual Membership and VA Appreciation Picnic at Cherry Creek State Park
• Junior Wheelchair Sports Camp
• Kid’s Day at the National Veterans Wheelchair Games
• PVA Day at Easter Seals
Membership Allocation Grant Program
MSCPVA provides grants to our members and associate members to participate in a variety of recreational programs. The Chapter’s goal is to provide its members with opportunities for recreational involvement at whatever level of physicality they prefer, from passive interaction to elite competition. The Membership Allocation Grant Program provides monetary grants and encourages members to experience a sport or recreation activity of their choice. $100.00 educational grants are also available to members who wish to further their education. Additionally, financial support is given to members who attend BOD-approved PVA national program events, like the National Veterans Wheelchair Games. This grant program encourages even greater involvement of MSCPVA members.
The Chapter strives to establish feelings of camaraderie and community involvement for each of its 600+ members. Whether a member is involved to compete and win, or just for the pure fun of it, MSCPVA’s events provide an opportunity for everyone.
Advocate for and monitor the delivery of appropriate and high quality health care benefits and services and promote medical research to cure spinal cord dysfunction and related problems.
Assist in identifying and securing benefits for veterans with spinal cord injury and disease.
Provide information and opportunities for health promotion, recreation, employment, services, sports and camaraderie for spinal cord injured and diseased veterans.
Educate society on the attitudinal, physical and legal barriers which persons with disabilities face and influence the removal of those barriers.
Involve the public in national and local activities while providing cooperation with and seeking support from groups and individuals who believe in PVA’s mission and objectives.
Educate the public with simple and effective ways to prevent and reduce the risk of spinal cord injury.
Inform the public of the current and ongoing needs of America's veterans.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge