Northeast Animal Rescue Overview
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: ~Help trap feral cats and/or kittens
~Help at our PetsMart location on the weekend
~Help transport animals for spaying/neutering
Geographic areas served: Philadelphia and surrounding areas
NAR focuses on having feral (wild) cats spayed and/or neutered to decrease overpopulation. In the process of helping feral cats, we come across many who are friendly. These cats receive medical attention with the help of local veterinarians, and when ready, are put up for adoption. All our cats are cared for in foster homes. As a general policy, we do not take owner-surrendered cats.
Our goal is to place all cats in stable, loving homes where they will be cared for and never be abandoned, abused or neglected.
• We spent $25,000 on medical expenses alone. Of this $8,000 was for spay/neuter surgeries along.
• We use a low-cost clinic for our spay/neuter operations — cost of surgery and vaccinations.
for a feral cat is now $30.00. Tests for FIV/FeLV cost us $15.00 each.
• 99% of the animals we help are not spayed or neutered before reaching us. All are sterilized
before being placed in their new homes or being returned to their monitored colonies.
• We are a foster home-based rescue. At any given time, we have approximately 100 cats in
foster care. Ten may be displayed at the PetSmart on Roosevelt Blvd. at any time.
• We placed 163 cats in loving homes in 2010.
• As of October, 2011, we had already placed 106 cats in warm and loving homes.
• Northeast Animal Rescue is a 501(c)(3) charity under the I.R.S. Code.