Nexus Energy Center
Rating: 5 stars 1 1 review 340
6767 Old Madison Pike Bldg 7 Huntsville AL 35806 USA
Promoting eneregy efficiency
Nexus energy center has been administering the wise program using grant funds from the doe better buildings program and the state energy program through adeca. Using the grant funds, we have been providing rebates to homeowners for eneregy efficiency measures installed as well as providing marketing and educational services to the community.
nexus manages a revolving loan program for energy improvements through adeca using state energy program funds
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!
Reviews for Nexus Energy Center
Nexus Energy Center is the lead non-profit in the State of Alabama and beyond in the following areas:
1. Establishing and implementing an Energy Efficiency model that is successful in achieving over 800 audit in home through their Worthwhile Investment Saves Energy (WISE) program.
2. Implementing a COMFORT Project program to assist the many low-income communities to implement best practices into energy efficiency and save money on their utility bills.
3. Educate and provide outreach to non-profits, businesses and residents on how to become energy efficient.
4. Advance the economic development in Alabama through their job creation with contractors in energy efficiency.
5. Develop a culture of awareness on where our $$$$ go and how to save more money on becoming a community that cares.
6. Develop a sustainability plan for their programs and services to continue and succeed.
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
lead the efforts in working closely with the electric co-ops, utility companies, energy businesses and local DOE to enhance the relationships and develop strategies for economic development in the energy market.
Will you volunteer or donate to this organization beyond what is required of advisors?
How much of an impact do you think this organization has?
Will you tell others about this organization?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?