MIDTOWN ASSISTANCE CENTER INC Overview
Target demographics: MAC assists low-income working families in zip codes 30303, 30308, 30309, 30312, 30313, 30314
Direct beneficiaries per year: Over the past 5 years, Midtown Assistance Center, with the support of donors and volunteers, has distributed 2.5 million dollars in assistance. Comparing fiscal year 2010 with 2009, MAC increased rent assistance by 13.5% and utility assistance by 48%.
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: 1. Meet with clients who come to MAC for assistance
2. organize the clothing closet and put away donated clothes
3. organize the food pantry and put away donated food
4. call landlords of individuals we assisted with rent to determine if tenant is still living there
5. help with special projects such as Christmas program
6. provide office assistance such as data input, filing client cards
Programs: MAC assists with rent and utility bills, provides food, and distributes transportation passes to new employment and job interviews.
During that period, Midtown Assistance Center:
Prevented eviction or homelessness of 697 families
Prevented disconnection of utility service in 652 households
Distributed food to 1,534 families
Provided 1,372 transportation passes to job seekers and the newly employed
Provided work clothing to 653 men
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge