Jesus Ministries Church And Outreach Inc
Rating: 1 stars 1 1 review 301
6763 Market St Wilmington NC 28405 USA
Filter Reviews by Role
Promote This Nonprofit
GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!
Reviews for Jesus Ministries Church And Outreach Inc
3 people found this review helpful
I gave some friends a ride to JESUS MINISTRIES Food Bank on Market street yesterday. Here is what happened while attempting to obtain a little food from thier food bank!!
My friends are disabled & 1 is out of work due to lay off... NONE OF THEM RECIEVE FOOD STAMPS because they are on the line/fall through the cracks...
(1) We arrived shortly after they opened at 9:30 am... they were all given applications to fill out. The lady at the front desk (I believe her name was Mary) was rude...short...just plain nasty.
(2) While filling out apps they were told to lay them down & go outside the bulding for a prayer to bless the food... It took them 15 mins to figure out what to do to begin blessing the food. They finally asked to different ladies to read scriptures from the bible. After 10 minutes of that a young guy volunteered to pray.... this went on for 7 minutes.... he repeated the same thing over & over & over... While Mary proceded to crucnh on something from one of the free food for the needy boxes during the entire prayer...
(3) Then this "MARY" preached about making sure we vote for the "RIGHT PERSON" when we go to the polls to vote for the president... what in the world??
(4) So then we were instructed to return to the front room... but it was locked so we had to wait for someone to come unlock it.... then we finished filling out apps.
(5) "MARY" kept leaving to go out back where the food was..... so we were just left sitting there... she returned finally and asked for the 1st in our group... she questioned her about EVERYTHING!! When my friend said she didnt get food stamps she called her a LIAR! At one point when she went around around the corner tol speak to another member she referred to us as "GOVERNMENT DEPENDENT LOW LIVES!!" After 2 HOURS the 1st person got a ticket to go outside to get food for 2 (although she has 4 in her family..?? When she went out to get her food she called up the 2nd from our group.... while "INTERIGATING HER" "MARY" Left & went out back again.... right in the middle of conversing.... meanwhile 3 other clients came in & were trying to sign up for food... we walked outside to see what was going on & why this "MARY" kept leaving....I mean come on we been there 2 hours & were getting restless.... MARY Was dictating to the people working the food distribution that "THESE BOXES are being saved for OTHER PEOPLE.... And then she begin TAKING ITEMS OUT of my friends box saying ahe was greedy... She removed BANANAS, APPLES..... YOGURT.... etc..... And tried to remove a package of strawberries... guess she wanted them for herself... She was HATEFUL RUDE NASTY & GREEDY!
There were several large boxes she pushed down to one end,, she said "This is bad food for the pigs so you will want to just leave it alone" One of my friends peeked inside those boxes & it was NOT pig food at all...it was HIGH PRICED food that she wanted to keep for herself I am guessing.
If these are CHRISTIANS.... I want NO PART OF IT!!! We all just LEFT!! I have NEVER in my LIFE seen a FOOD BANK... CHURCH... MINISTRY.... treat people in need so horrible!
How would you describe the help you got from this organization?
How likely are you to recommend this organization to a friend?
How do you feel you were treated by this organization?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?