Direct beneficiaries per year: Thousands (over 500 in online group, over 2,500 brochures per year,
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: 1. Pass out brochures.
2. Put up posters.
3. Help recruit facebook members.
4. Update MySpace page and add friends.
5. Ask your local news station to run a public service announcement.
6. Share your story with others.
Geographic areas served: International
Programs: Field of Hope
Brighten Our World for Depression
Store for Hope
Looking to do two additional campaigns:
-Get Ur Hope On
2. Presented to over 20 international mental health organizations about the need to use positive branding with depression (www.ifred.org/rebrandingdepression)
3. Generated the first ever cause marketing program via Mood-lites, introduced in QVC, Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Linens N Things and more.
4. Established a Global Month of Hope (April), the color (yellow), and the sunflower as global icons for depression.
5. Established an online community for depression survivors and family for support with over 500 members providing mentoring and guidance to others.
6. Created a ‘Famous Faces’ poster showing how depression effects all - no matter the race, age, socioeconomic background, etc.