Hindu American Foundation Overview
Profile ( less )
District of Columbia 20006
Target demographics: Hindu Americans from all walks of life
Direct beneficiaries per year: Hindus here in the US and all over the world
Geographic areas served: Washington, D.C.
Programs: Hinduism 101 training, the first and only Hindu American Congressional Internship, education toolkits on Hindu holidays, the only Hindu Human Rights report, Capitol Hill briefings on the human rights violations o Hindu minorities around the world, and much more!
2. Submitting critical testimony that ensured the FBI collect and report data on anti-Hindu hate crimes.
3. Cultivating the next generation of community leaders through the first and only Hindu American Congressional Internship program.
4. Providing a voice for Hindus suffering human rights abuses through an annual Hindu human rights report and Congressional briefings.
5. Launching Hindu American Physicians in Seva to provide medical seva to those in need, with a focus on the Hindu refugee population worldwide.
6. Successfully advocating for the passage of Congressional Diwali Resolutions that recognize the importance of Diwali for Hindu, Jain, and Sikh Americans.
7. Reforming the way in which Hinduism is represented in public school textbooks and expanding efforts to educate school administrators, teachers, and the public at large about Hinduism.
8. Building strategic relationships with the media through consistent and sustained outreach.
9. Strengthening the Hindu voice through collaboration with relevant stakeholders, NGOs, and think tanks.
10. Upholding the fundamental right to freely practice one’s religion and freedom from the government’s favoring of any one religion or religion over none.