GAP MINISTRIES Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: Children and teens/young adults in the foster care system, as well as local families who are struggling with food and basic necessities
Direct beneficiaries per year: 305 children/teens cared for at our SPLASH Homes; 1.4 million pounds of food and $600 thousand worth of household necessities given to nonprofits serving families in need; 10,000 backpacks given to children at low income schools; Hundreds of families served through outreaches
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: sort in our warehouse, wrap Christmas presents for Holiday of Hope, organize warehouses, make dinners for group homes, and many more opportunities
Geographic areas served: Tucson, Arizona and vicinity
Programs: GAP Ministries, a 501c3 nonprofit social services agency since 1999, STANDS IN THE GAP FOR OUR COMMUNITY through the following programs:
• SPLASH Houses: Fourteen (14) family-style group homes in NW Tucson for children 0-21 in the custody of the state due to neglect or abuse
• MERGE: a program to help teens and young adults discover their potential and age successfully out of foster care into independent adulthood
• BOOST Community Resources: warehousing and distributing food and household necessities to over 90 Southern Arizona nonprofits that serve the needy
• ROOT 52 Community Kitchen & Food Truck: Reclaiming highly perishable food that would otherwise go to waste, while reclaiming lives through culinary arts training and certification
• Holiday of Hope and Backpack-2-School: collaborating with businesses, churches, government and civic groups, and hundreds of volunteers to serve disadvantaged children
10,000 backpacks filled with supplies handed out in 2013 along with carnivals for 3 school districts to celebrate the value of education.
Over 1.4 million pounds of food given to individuals and other agencies serving those in need for 2013; $600 thousand dollars worth of household supplies, food and clothing shared with other 501c3 nonprofits serving the ill, needy and youth.
Smiles put on the faces of 100+ children through Holiday of Hope - presents purchased and wrapped from the children's wish lists.