FRIENDS OF THE ANIMALS FOUNDATION Overview
Target demographics: place cats and kittens into safe and loving homes and work with caretakers to trap/neuter/return cats and place the feral kittens into foster care for adoption once tamed.
Geographic areas served: West Seattle and surrounding areas
Programs: TNR, Foster Care, Adoption
Our primary goals are:
1) To reduce the number of animals abandoned, homeless, or killed until they all have a loving forever home.
2) To educate the community by providing information concerning
• The right of animals to a life free of abuse or neglect
• The resources that are available to those with a limited income
• Volunteer opportunities to rescue, care for, and foster pets
• The sad realities of failing to spay/neuter pets, and the plight of shelters
• The steps to take BEFORE bringing a pet into your life
2012: FAF was able to help at two adjoining addresses in the Highland Park area of West Seattle this spring. A total of five feral female cats, all nursing were TNR'd. One male cat was also altered. 11 kittens were trapped and put into foster care. The kittens were all able to find new homes after they were spayed/neutered.
FAF and FCAT trapped 12 feral and one friendly cat living on the property of a home in Skyway. All were spayed/neutered and returned. FAF delivers 50 lbs of cat food monthly so the family is able to feed the cats healthy food, not rice as they had been eating. FCAT provided a huge Dogloo for shelter.
We received a call about hungry kittens at a property in Burien. We were able to TNR four adult cats on the property. Seven very sick kittens were put into foster care first with FCAT and then an FAF foster home. All seven are now healthy, altered, and looking for new homes. FAF and FCAT were able to provide shelter to the remaining four cats. The elderly, disabled caretaker was very thankful.
2011: Our goal for 2011 was 150 adoptions. We came just shy of that goal with 123 adoptions. We were also busy with TNR—about 120 ferals TNR’d.
2010: In 2010 we had a total of 125 adoptions!
Visit our website to read more of our accomplishments throughout the years.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge