Mission: Express Care is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) status charity based organization providing essential human services to the immigrants, refugees and low-income families and individuals in the community.
The aims and objectives of Express Care:
• To provide access to health care
• To provide health education, to prevent diseases
• To work towards the goal of healthy families 2020
• To improve the quality of life of women and children
The aims and goals for the development of our community:
• Assess health needs and make referrals to existing programs to ensure that every woman and child has a medical home.
• Educate the community through individualized as well as group instructions in preventing measures to improved health and extend the quality of life using television, internet and other means of communication.
• Advocating and promoting self-sufficiency through employment, education and economic empowerment for men and women and to provide social support.
• Assisting individuals to understand the cultural practices and to help them in developing skills including language and driving skills that are needed to successfully participate in the society.
• Provide Self-Sufficient Trainings (Personal Care Assistance Training, Computer Training, ESL Training, Citizenship Training, CPR/First Aid Training) to help place individuals into employment in fields such as Health Care Workforce.
Essential Social Services provided by Express Care:
• Daily and monthly food assistance
• Medical Assistance (for low-income and uninsured families)
• Financial Assistance
• Training Classes – Personal Care Assistance Training – Computer Training, ESL Training
• Job placement search
• School Supplies
• Rental Assistance
• and other social services
Express Care has been helping me and my family for over 7 years now. When we came to USA we were at one point homeless and helpless because my father was shot during a store robbery where he worked. He was the only one financially supporting the family and with him in the hospital we did not have money to support ourselves. During this desperate time Express Care came in to help us with Financial needs, shelter, food, rental assistance, school supplies, transportation, and also provided translation help to the family as no one in the family spoke English then. After that they continued to help us in every aspect of life. Then on July 2009 my little sister was diagnosed with Cancer. Prior to her diagnosis for 7 months my sister suffered pain because the doctors failed to diagnose her cancer. During these 7 months my father did not do any job as he was going back and forth to the hospital for my sister’s mysterious abdominal pain. During this time Express Care helped us with monthly groceries and monthly financial assistance. When my sister was finally diagnosed with Cancer Express Care stepped us even more to provide their full support in every way they could. Express Care continues to help us up to this very day and is always there during my sister’s treatment for Cancer.
After they helped us the very first time 7 years ago my entire family started to volunteer for them and we are still after 7 years volunteering for this organization because they are helping hundreds of families like my own and to help them help the community is our pleasure and honor because at one point we were in that same position as those families we are helping today.
My family and I cannot thank them enough for they were always there with us like family members and never made us feel like we were alone. Thank you to Express Care and God Bless.