EOTO World Overview
Profile ( less )
3216 Nebraska Avenue
Target demographics: anti-poverty and peace activists to impact their communities.
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Assist with execution of a Global Internet Forum, Promote a webinar, Hold a community learning workshop, write a blog post related to human rights and peace, create recognition materials for donors, help at a community event and/or tweak our social media and web presence.
Geographic areas served: All across the globe, we do not focus on one area.
Programs: project SPEAK- We provide translation, collaborative editing and transcription for Activists that wish to publish with us.
project REACH BACK- We collaborate with other organizations, individuals and networks to spread the word about Human Rights and peace both online and off.
project EXCHANGE- We design, and host high security forums and make a customized resource guide to keep the learning going after the forum is over.
People of Peace (POP)- We teach people how to think, live and promote peace in innovative ways within their communities
Gender Empowerment Zone (GEZ)- We mentor groups of Activists working on the MDGs and teach them how to mainstream gender work to make what they do more effective.
- Mentorship of entrepreneurs to craft business models with tenants of human rights and peace in mind.
- Human Rights projects consultancies at Rutgers University and the City University of New York
- Interactive webcasts about a culture of peace
- Webinars on Sustainable Development and downloadable presentations that activists can re-use.
- Global forum reports and periodic internet consultations to gather data that can improve advocacy for the MDGs
- Activist bloggers sharing their critical analysis on human rights and peace
- Youth Conference for Sustainable Development (NY+20) that led to an outcome document presented to heads of state at the UN in preparation for Rio+20 outcomes
- Rio+20 advocacy and coalition work toward MDG post 2015 policy
- Library of educational webcasts to teach about practicing a culture of peace