East End Cooperative Ministry Overview
Target demographics: We reach out to the most vulnerable members of our community – the hungry, the homeless, the elderly and frail, and the at-risk children and youth. We serve men, women, and children ranging in age from 5 years old to 90.
Direct beneficiaries per year: We serve more than 4,000 individuals each year.
Geographic areas served: East End of Pittsburgh
To build a community of opportunity in Pittsburgh''s East End.
Last year alone:
- Our Soup Kitchen served 23,036 lunches.
- Our Food Pantry provided an average of 435 households with emergency groceries and helpful information each month.
- Meals on Wheels provided 20,580 meals to homebound and/or elderly individuals.
- Our Men’s Emergency Shelter provided 10,833 nights of shelter to 473 men.
- Bridge Housing served 20 homeless men making the transition from emergency shelters to independent living.
- PennFree Housing served 36 adults who were recovering from substance abuse; 4 of these had children.
- Safe Haven assisted nine chronically homeless, mentally ill men, providing housing and other support.
- Our Orr Compassionate Care Center provided 80 men and women with non-medical respite care totaling 3,246 nights.
- Kidz E-Fest festival was attended by approximately 1,100 community residents.
- Summer Day Camp provided five weeks of fun activities and learning experiences for more than 200 active youngsters.
- After-School Programs were attended by over 750 at-risk elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Volunteers gave thousands of hours of their time, providing invaluable support to all of our programs.