I am the mom to an 8 year old CDH survivor. I have been a member of CHERUBS since she was born, started serving on committees approximately 5 years ago, and have been a member of the board for almost 3 years. I served as the Treasurer for CHERUBS for about 2 years, and then
Mission: Our only mission at CHERUBS is to help families affected by CDH by searching for the cause, prevention and best treatments of Congenital Diaphragmatic through research and awareness while supporting the CDH community. We focus on the whole CDH community, not personal motives or missions.
We believe in supporting all CDH families, no matter the medical choices that they make for their children. Our mission is to provide accurate and timely information so that parents can make the best educated decisions for their babies. Our goal is to create and provide as many services as possible so that no CDH family feels alone. We have accomplished that for over 4400 CDH families.
Results: CHERUBS 2012 Milestones and Accomplishments:
* $20,000 in CDH Research Grants awarded
* New Executive Board of Directors
* New Parent Advisory Board
* New Medical Advisory Board
* New Vice-President, Ashley Barry
* New Secretary, Lauren Campbell
* New Treasurer, Kelly Green-Krist
* Senate Bill S.3396 Introduced
* Parade of Cherubs on April 19th in Washington DC to Capitol Hill
* Members met with the offices of over 25 Senators
* April 19th CDH Day of Awareness
* Parades of Cherubs on April 19th in Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Denver, St. Louis, Peoria
* UK Light up The Night on April 19th
* First ever Virtual CDH Awareness Parade on April 19th
* 2012 CDH Conference in San Francisco
* New CHERUBS Web Site
* New Facebook Forums Application created
* $10,000 CDH Research Grant awarded to CHOP on December 30th (by votes)
* Another $10,000 CDH Research Grant awarded to DHREAMS on December 30th
* First ever Facebook Grant Contest held by a CDH charity
* Over 300 care packages sent to families through our CDH HOPE Totebag project
* CDH families represented at the American Pediatric Surgical Association conference
* Our 2012 National Children's Memorial Day tribute honored the memories over 1000 cherubs
* Texas Get-Together
* Ohio Picnic
* UK Get-Together in Scotland
* Chicago CDH Carnival
* Pennsylvania / NJ / Delaware Picnic
* Denver Picnic
* Indiana Get-Together
* Washington Zoo Trip
* Oregon members met with Senators
* Oregon members represent CDH families at the opening of Randall Children's Hospital
* Over 900 raffle tickets sold for the 50/50 CDH Research Raffle raising $9000 for Research
* Over 10,000 Facebook Fans reached
* Over 10,000 signatures reached on CDH Research Bill petition
* Over 18,000 people reached in one post on Facebook
* 2012 Silver Lining Newsletter Published
* 2012 CDH Awareness Video
* Day of 2012 CDH Awareness Video
* Participated in televised Raleigh Christmas Parade
* CHERUBS members in Claremont, NC Christmas Parade
* CHERUBS members in Snoqualmie Days Parade
* It's a Knock-Out UK Fundraiser
* Masquerading Angels Ball
* UK Formal Ball
* CDH Awareness Calendar featuring over 1300 CDH patients
* Save the Cherubs CDH Awareness Calendar
* First CDH Awareness Calendar in the United Kingdom
* Won Shane Co. charity contest
* Won the JuJuBelle Facebook contest
* Our CDH Awareness Ribbon included in St. Louis Cardinals Game to raise money for St. Louis hospital
* Washington Mud Run Fundraiser
* Enter Stage Left Fundraiser
* UK Fishing Competition Fundraiser
* Rockin' for Aidan Fundraiser
* CHERUBS joins Google+, Chirpify, Pinterest, Instagram
* CDH Fundraising Kits created
* Cooking With Cherubs cookbook project begun
* Participated in the San Francisco, Boston and Baltimore Marathons
Target demographics: families of babies born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
Geographic areas served: International
var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ?
"https://secure." : "http://www.");
I am the mom to an 8 year old CDH survivor. I have been a member of CHERUBS since she was born, started serving on committees approximately 5 years ago, and have been a member of the board for almost 3 years. I served as the Treasurer for CHERUBS for about 2 years, and then moved to the role of Vice-President about a year ago. Through volunteering in these roles, I have had an inside view of CHERUBS for many years and am aware of all facets of the charity- the volunteers, the members of all 3 boards, and the finances. I am proud to say that CHERUBS is run by a team of wonderfully dedicated volunteers led by the charity's sole employee, the President of CHERUBS, Dawn Williamson. It takes a lot of hours, and people from many areas of the world, and with many talents to serve the CDH community. All of the volunteers that I have come in contact with from State Representatives, to Hospital Angels, to those who work on the various committees, to the Parent Advisory Board, and the Executive Board serve dutifully with professionalism and respect to see that families get the help they need while working to raise awareness of CDH and money to further research that is so desperately needed. From my role as Treasurer, and with continued knowledge of the finances of the charity as an executive board member, I can assure you that every donated dollar is used to the best of its ability to help the cause. Meticulous care is taken to see that donations are spent only in the manner with which the donor specifies (research, family assistance, awareness, etc.), and that money is never wasted. I am proud to count myself as a member of the CHERUBS team.
Cherubs helps families all around the world. CDH is a birth defect that is so unknown families have to search for information. Cherubs provides a safe, knowledgeable and caring environment for families to share their experiences and support each other. Cherubs does so much with so little funding. Every year my CDH'er does a walk to raise funds to donate to Cherubs for CDH research. I am proud to be a volunteer for Cherubs!
Cherubs is an amazing support group that has helped me connect with many other CDH families. Full of wonderful people who are there to help you through the hard times and share in the joyful moments too!
Cherubs is an amazing group that helps families all around the world. You can connect with families who understand your CDH journey and there is always awareness being raised. Cherubs has made the scariest times of my life easier with the volunteers love and support!
I was devastated 10 years ago by the CDH diagnosis, 12 weeks pregnant and first baby. I wish I had found Cherubs then. Not knowing what to expect and feelings of being so alone in our babies battle was terrible. But last year when my CDH child was struggling with health issues again and no one would listen I joined a life changing group. I didn't no what to expect but was feeling so scared and alone. After my very first post on Cherubs asking for help and support from strangers, I was totally floored by the compassion and love that I felt. Everyone was always willing to send prayers and support, there was lots of questions I had answered. I know my daughter is reassured knowing she is not alone in her battle and I haven't felt hopeless or alone since I have my CDH family. The amazing awareness and research they provide is priceless. Can't wait to make one of the conferences and meet some of the amazing people who have supported my family.
I am a CDH mom and I volunteer for CHERUBS. I am proud of the work being done at CHERUBS and the transparency of the charity. I know that I am helping people through their journey because others helped me through ours. Thank you CHERUBS for being such a great charity.
My son is a 22 yr old RCDH survivor, ECMO x 2 and we were like Dawn in the very beginning not having a place to go for information. I have supported Dawn's efforts since she began. Please keep up the good work! She is amazing!!!