Central Asia Institute Overview
Programs: Since its founding in 1996, Central Asia Institute has:
CAI’s service-learning program, Pennies for Peace (P4P), was started in 1994 to teach children that a little goes a long way. By raising pennies to donate to impoverished schoolchildren in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Tajikistan, kids discover their potential as humanitarians and philanthropists. While a penny is virtually worthless in many societies, it can open the door to literacy for a child in Central Asia.
- Built and or supported just under 300 schools
- Constructed or sponsored 48 women’s vocational and literacy centers
- Created 34 public health programs
- Established 9 scholarship programs
- Undertaken 16 community programs
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge