Profile ( less )
Near NMDC, Humayun Nagar,Masab Tank
Direct beneficiaries per year: 1500 (Includes children, youngsters, infants and SHG women)
Geographic areas served: Hyderabad
* Close to 800 youngsters, college students or working professionals, have benefitted with their experience in the last 3 yrs as part of Dronacharya and Ekalavya(DnE) leadership program.
* A significant increase in the 10th grade pass percentage of ZPHS, Rasoolpura from 13% - 34% in the yr 2006-2007 and from 34%-46% in the yr 2007-2008 and similar results in 6 more schools in the yr 2008-09 as part of its flagship program DnE.
* 6 students have joined engineering in Rasoolpura for the 1st time in the history of the slum.
* In partnership with Roshan Vikas, BHUMI has mobilized 425 women from Rasoolpura community into 33 Self Help Groups(SHG’s) in the course of one year.
* A comprehensive ground water survey at Rasoolpura was done and the report has been submitted to the Secunderabad Cantonment Board.
The project was awarded second prize at Mondialgo Contest.
Awareness programmes were also conducted simultaneously for better sanitation.
* 15 Health camps conducted, 160 patients per camp
As part of its flagship program DnE, BHUMI
* Establishing a Wellness Center at Rasoolpura with focus on mothers and children below five as part of BHUMI's Preventive health plan project.
* Establishing a Community Library in Rasoolpura, facilitated by BHUMI.
* Close to 100 youngsters and school going students benefitted by English speaking and basic Computer classes in Rasoolpura.
* Close to 400 babies in the age group of 4-9 months have been assesed for developmental delays using Bayley scales of infant development in Rasoolpura over the last one yr. Babies identified with developmental delays are being regularly given intervention at NIMH.
* 2500 youngsters have engaged in the construction of govt school classrooms and toilets in the last 3 yrs as part of Freedom Under Construction event