Profile ( less )
Target demographics: underprivileged children at orphanages, slum and village community centres
Direct beneficiaries per year: 12,000 children
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: teach children
Geographic areas served: Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Jaipur & Delhi NCR
Programs: Mentoring and teaching English, Mathematics, Science and Computers
2. To provide a platform for socially conscious youth who want to contribute towards the nation's progress
3. Molding the youth into tomorrow's leaders
4. Ensuring that finance is not an obstacle between students and their career aspirations
5. Motivating youth to become Climate Messengers and create environmental awareness amidst common man and combat global warming through initiatives like planting tree saplings, developing neighborhood parks, creating awareness about plastic alternatives etc
2. Speak Out – interactive English-learning programme for children who have limited or no proficiency in the language. This programme is ongoing at one chapter where 160 children are benefitting.
3. Lakshya –mentorship programme that pairs underprivileged children with volunteers, who act as their mentors and undergo experiential learning in leadership. The programme is ongoing at three chapters where 300 children are benefitting.
4. Little Einsteins – activity-based approach to learn Mathematics and Science using live demonstrations and multimedia tools. The programme is ongoing in five chapters where 300 children are benefitting.
5. Nakshatra – Annual inter-children's home art, cultural, sports and science talent fest for children to exhibit their talents and explore their potential in an atmosphere of healthy competition. Over 5,000 children from 100 children's homes have benefitted across Chennai, Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi & Tiruchirapalli.
6. Joy to the World – annual initiative to spread joy to underprivileged children by fulfilling their small wishes just ahead of the New Year. Over 5,000 children are expected to benefit this year