ASIAN HOPE Overview
Target demographics: Children and youth in Cambodia.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 1120
Geographic areas served: Cambodia
Programs: Homes for At-risk Children: House of Hope boy’s home and House of Faith girl’s home
Asian Hope Schools: highly respected schools in Phnom Penh (Asian Hope International School; Logos International School; and KC International School)
Higher Education and Leadership Preparation Program (H.E.L.P.): sending children formerly from the at-risk children’s homes to university in 3 different countries
Village Development Programs: provides education support services to children and schools in impoverished villages along with programs of health and safety education for the community and local church support.
• the successful enrollment of fifteen, previously at-risk, orphaned Christian youth from Asian Hope's boy's and girl's homes in the higher education and leadership preparation program (HELP) from the original 30 children in our group homes.
• Over 1.7 million dollars awarded in scholarships.
• Three highly-esteemed schools, one of which is internationally accredited, serve over 750 students, having increased by over 200 students in the past two years.
• In our Village Development Program (VDP), we have seen the growth of our "Catch-Up" schools expand to three sites. In just one year the number of children being served has grown from 209 to 350.
• We have been able to help provide over 700 water filters to families and the local government school in our first VDP village, Prek Pneu.
• Over 500,000 meals served since 1999.
• 14 graduates from the HELP program have graduated from college and are back in Cambodia, working in the community as self-sufficient adults.
• 150 bike distributed through the Cambodia Bike Project in 2012.