Over 1.8 million nonprofits and charities for donors, volunteers and funders

Angel Fund Inc

Rating: 0 stars   0 review 43

Nonprofit Issues:

Health

Address:

649 Main St Wakefield MA 01880 USA

Mission:

Our mission is to support ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) research and scientific investigations at the Cecil B. Day Laboratory at UMass Medical Center by raising funds through events, campaigns, foundation grants and numerous other community outreach activities, to aid in finding a cause, treatment and cure for ALS.

Results:

Last year, we began a campaign – Step Up to Cure ALS – to raise $4 million to help Dr. Robert H. Brown, Jr. bring his research to human trials. We are halfway there thanks to our generous Angel Fund family. It would be amazing to be able to provide Dr. Brown with another $2 million to push his research ahead to get to these trials within the next year. The Angel Fund is special. We are not a national charity – we are local. We have very low overhead and administrative costs. Our offices are located in the law firm of Nigro Pettipet and Lucas, courtesy of Directors Jan and Eugene Nigro. That means that The Angel Fund has no rent, no utility bills, no high-paid executives. Angel Fund President Rich Kennedy and the board members are not paid. Why are they so passionate? Because most have lived through the heartbreak of seeing their loved one live with ALS and lose their battle to this horrific disease. They have made a commitment to support Dr. Brown and his researchers until a cure is found, the goal of our original Angel, Ginny DelVecchio. They have a sense of urgency to find a treatment and cure by supporting the gene silencing therapy. We know the patients and their families – and the patients know us. The Angel Fund support provides Dr. Brown discretionary monies not available to him via other funding avenues and we know how important that is to his research and success. The Angel Fund may be a smaller charity in comparison to others – but we are mighty – we have donated over $5 million to Dr. Brown over our existence with the help of our supporters. We are proud to say that the total research expenditures incurred in 2014 was 90% of the Angel Fund’s total expenditures (the remaining 10% attributable to administrative costs). We are so very fortunate to have so many Angel Fund family members that care so much and help us by hosting events, participating in the events, donating and volunteering. All for our mission – to find a treatment and cure for ALS. So when it comes time for you to help increase awareness for ALS again this August, please remember that The Angel Fund supports ALS research, and that is what the challenge is all about. Every dollar counts in our mission to find a cure for ALS!

Target demographics:

The Angel Fund for ALS Research raises funds to support the ALS research of world renowned ALS researcher Dr. Robert H. Brown, Jr. to find a treatment and cure for ALS

Geographic areas served:

Wakefield, MA - New England states

Programs:

We raise raise funds through events, campaigns, foundation grants and numerous other community outreach activities, to aid in finding a cause, treatment and cure for ALS.

Write a Review
Donate
Invite Reviews Share This Nonprofit

See How 3Hrs Can Help

More Info

781-245-7070
www.theangelfund.org

Filter Reviews by Role

Promote This Nonprofit

GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!

Review this charity on
GreatNonprofits

Reviews for Angel Fund Inc

Get discovered. Invite people to share their experiences about this nonprofit!