Oops! You must enter a search term greater than 3 characters.
Adult Congenital Heart Association Inc Overview
The Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) is a nonprofit organization that seeks to improve the quality of life and extend the lives of adults with congenital heart defects. Through education, outreach, advocacy, and promotion of research, ACHA serves and supports the more than one million adults with congenital heart defects, their families and the medical community.
Below are ACHA’s 2012 programming outcomes.
• 900 members attended one of 16 educational webinars.
• 2,100 congenital heart disease advocacy actions were made by ACHA members.
• 600 one-on-one member contacts were made by our Heart to Heart Ambassadors to provide support and information.
• 200 congenital heart disease patients were contacted by an Ambassador providing unique peer support.
• 52,000 people visited ACHA’s website – www.achaheart.org.
• Facebook membership increased from 1,905 to 2,793 – an increase of 46%.
Invite friends and colleagues to share their experiences with this nonprofit
VITAL to an underserved population, ACHA has been a huge advocate for awareness, sensitivity and compassion. I've benefited from the expertise of ACHA for over 10 years and seen it grow from a great intention to a primary source of information, advocacy and support. Every person involved is more ...
ACHA has been a powerful tool in aiding me with research, answers, physicians and others with same defects. I'm an adult with CHD since 1965, this has been my ticket to confidence and education..Thank you for being available and my secruity blanket...
See all 16 reviews »
My daughter was born in 1983 with serious complex heart defects. Today she is 29 years old. This site has helped with transition from pediatric to adult doctors. We have used the directory to find good ACHD doctors...
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.