Top 5 Reasons for Joining in #GivingTuesday!
The holiday season is quickly approaching and soon we’ll be finding ourselves caught up in the shopping madness of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Thankfully, #GivingTuesday, a movement that promotes giving back to kickoff the holiday season, gives everyone the opportunity to experience the true meaning of giving.
By participating in #GivingTuesday, your organization can take part in this movement on generosity.
Here are our Top 5 reasons that we think organizations should participate in #GivingTuesday.
Why Should I Participate in #GivingTuesday?
- Your fundraiser will be a part of a movement that promotes giving and generosity.
- Using the #GivingTuesday hashtag will make your fundraiser more visible, so donors can find you and your organization.
- In 2012, the #GivingTuesday hashtag was mentioned 185,000 times, resulting in national and international trending. This year is expected to be even bigger!
- You can help others offset their spending frenzies of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Prizes! Yes, there are over $100,000 in prizes!
Razoo, a crowdfunding platform for causes, is enabling nonprofits to use online fundraising for #GivingTuesday. By using online fundraising, you’re making it as easy as possible for donors nationwide to donate to your cause.
Interested in getting started? Visit givingtuesday.razoo.com to create a #GivingTuesday fundraiser for the cause or organization you care about most.
Contributed by Candice Honey from Razoo.
Related GreatNonprofits posts: